Living in Hoi An for a few years, based on our experiences, here are some fun things to do in Hoi An. First, we all will wonder the questions about Hoi An. And why it becames so polular?
What about Hoi An?
Hoi An has been recognized as a world cultural heritage since 1999. It has been popular due to many unique things to do and see. Hoi An Ancient Town was a Southest Asia trading port from the 15th to 19th century. The architecutre reflects the influences of both indigenus and foreign. That have well-combined to produce this unique heritage site. Hoi An city has many cool things you must do. The beautiful beaches, unique Ancient Town, charming countriside and more for you to discovers.
When is the best time to visit Hoi An? How is Hoi An weather?
It is hard to say when to visit hoi an. To enjoy top things to do in Hoi An, you better pick the dry seasons. In the view of a local people here, for me, from Jan to April is the best time. Since the weather is not so hot, but cool and pleasant.
If you visit Hoi An from May to Sep, it can be very hot due to the summer heat (39-40 celcius degress). However it is nice to enjoy the beach and the rice field. From Oct to Dec is the rainny seasons in Hoi An. Sometimes, there are some typhoons, storms, and heavy rain can cause the flood in the town this preiod of time. However, the flood in Hoi An only happens during 2-3 days. So always good to check the eather before you come. Beside, you still can enjoy 25 best things to do in Hoi An old town during rainy days.
10 best things to do in Hoi An:
- Riding bicyle through the rice field. The green & yellow color will please you.
- Walking through the Ancient Town and have a cafe at the roof top cafe to see the whole view. (92 Station cafe, Faifoo cafe, …). Walking through many hidden alleys, take some photos.
- Having a suit/clothing made. Hand embroidered clothings custom made can be cool things. Hoi An tailoring is cheap but so good. Why don’t get some clothes when you are here. Contact us for some custom linen clothing.
- Join a craft, embroidery or sewing classes by Little Daisy Hoi An. Embroidery class can be the best things to do in Da Nang. Learn the skills that benefit you forever. These can be best things to do while you are in Hoi An.
- Having a boat ride to watch the sunset on Thu Bon river is one of the best things to do in Hoi An. Tour with Hoi An Tour Guide is highly recommended, since it will bring you to a unique sunset experience on the river. You can see the Water Coconut Village, Fishing village, Kim Bong Wood Village, Thanh Ha Pottery Village also on the way.
- Have a walking tour and listen to the history of Hoi An. Get some local guide totake you around and try some local food.
- Wake up early and go to the beach for a swim and seafood. Hoi An beach is awesome. Clean and fresh. Enjoy your cool day at Tan Thanh Beach, An Bang Beach or Cua Dai beach.
- Try some vegetarian restaurants here. Peanuts restaurant is one of our favorite.
- Learning to sew in Hoi An can be fun. We have sewing class for beginners. I did mention the craft classes above. But it is definitely cool class that you might not find anywhere else.
- Tarot reading in Hoi An can be cool thing to do in Hoi An also. You can contact us for a booking with tarot reader. e